- Copy the F&CMS directory to the 'htdocs' directory of the server (or an equivalent directory that you use).
- Add write permission for the 'tmp' directory that is located in the F&CMS directory.
- Go to the 'conf' directory that is located in the F&CMS directory and verify that there are two files in it and they start with the prefix 'default_'.
- To start the installer, open the 'index.php' file in a web browser as follows: http://localhost/<path_to_F&CMS_directory>/index.php.
- Enter information in all required fields.
Note that the password for the administrator must be at least 8 characters long and must have upper and lower case letters and numbers.
- After the installation is complete go to the 'conf' directory again and verify that there are four files in it - two that start with the prefix 'default_' and two more, generated by the installer.
Do not remove the files that start with 'default_'.
- Set full permissions ('777') for the directories 'tmp' and 'upload'.
After the installation is complete, the default page of the site is opened. However, this page is initially empty. Too begin configuring your site, go to 'http://<hostname>/<projectname>/cp/index.php'. This opens the administration panel where you can configure the site. For more information, see the Documentation section.